Nature in the Dales is the website of the Yorkshire Dales Biodiversity Forum, hosted and developed by the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority.
The Yorkshire Dales Biodiversity Forum's vision is 'To promote biodiversity conservation in the Yorkshire Dales National Park and to encourage greater understanding and involvement of people in looking after their natural environment.'
What we do
The Forum meets quarterly, shares information and collaborates to implement aspects of Nature in the Dales: 2020 Vision, the second BAP for the Yorkshire Dales National Park area.
The Forum has members representing a wide range of organisations and individuals who work and have an interest in biodiversity conservation in the area.
For more information please contact the Forum Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biodiversity Forum Members
- Deborah Millward (Forum Chair) – Yorkshire Dales Rivers Trust, Yoredale Natural History Society, Raydale Project, Thornton Rust Kennel Field Trust
- John Altringham - University of Leeds and Yorkshire Dales Environment Network
- Andy Brown - Individual member
- Andrew Colley - Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority Member and Grassington Parish Council
- James Ferguson – Yorkshire Wildlife Trust, Friends of Grasswood
- Don Gamble – Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust, Stainforth Environment Group and Clapham Sustainability Group
- Anita Glover - Yorkshire Dales Environment Network, Leeds University
- Jane Hargreaves – Upper Wharfedale Field Society
- Gordon Haycock – Wharfedale Naturalists’ Society, North, East & West Yorkshire Amphibian and Reptile Group, British Bryological Society
- Mark Hewitt – Parish Wildlife Project (Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority)
- Graham Jackson-Pitt – Cumbria Wildlife Trust
- Jana Kahl – Environment Agency
- Meghann Hull (Forum Secretary) - Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority
- Adrian Shepherd - Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority
- Roger Smith - Individual member
- Dan Turner - Yorkshire Dales Rivers Trust
- Peter Welsh - National Trust