Nature in the Dales is the website of the Yorkshire Dales Biodiversity Forum, hosted and developed by the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority.
The Yorkshire Dales Biodiversity Forum's vision is 'To promote biodiversity conservation in the Yorkshire Dales National Park and to encourage greater understanding and involvement of people in looking after their natural environment.'
What we do
The Forum meets quarterly, shares information and collaborates to support and coordinate biodiversity conservation within the National Park, for example providing advice and expertise to develop objectives for the Management Plan.
The Forum has members representing a wide range of organisations and individuals who work and have an interest in biodiversity conservation in the area.
For more information please contact the Forum Secretariat at email@example.com.
Biodiversity Forum Members
- Deborah Millward – Yoredale Natural History Society, Raydale Project, Thornton Rust Kennel Field Trust
- John Altringham - Independent Rep
- Andy Brown - Individual member
- Colin Newlands – Natural England, Ingleborough NNR
- Fran Graham - National Trust
- Don Gamble – Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust, Stainforth Environment Group and Clapham Sustainability Group
- Anita Glover - Yorkshire Dales Environment Network, Leeds University
- Jane Hargreaves – Upper Wharfedale Field Society
- Gordon Haycock – Wharfedale Naturalists’ Society, North, East & West Yorkshire Amphibian and Reptile Group, British Bryological Society
- Mark Hewitt – Parish Wildlife Project (Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority)
- Ian McPherson - Member Champion for Natural Environment
- Mark Owen - Natural England
- Meghann Hull (Forum Secretary) - Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority
- Adrian Shepherd - Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority
- Tanya St.Pierre - Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust
- Dan Turner - Yorkshire Dales Rivers Trust
- Peter Welsh - Independent Rep and Chair