Archive Biodiversity Forum
Yorkshire Dales Rivers Conference 2013
The Yorkshire Dales Biodiversity Forum decided to host a conference in order to progress the work on rivers within the National Park. Rivers are a Biodiversity Action Plan (BAP) habitat.
The Yorkshire Dales Rivers Conference was held on 1 November 2013 at Craven College in Skipton. The Conference consisted of a morning of presentations followed by workshops in the afternoon. For more information on the Conference, download the conference report:
The following presentations were given in the morning of the Conference. They can be downloaded using the links below.
- BAP rivers - National Policy and Legislation by Geoff Bateman (Environment Agency)
- Peatland Stream Ecosystems by Lee Brown (Leeds University)
- Catchment Management in Yorkshire Water by Andrew Walker (Yorkshire Water)
- The River Ribble Trust Pilot Project by Jack Spees (River Ribble Trust)
The afternoon of the Conference consisted of a series of workshops on the following themes:
- Catchment management
- River restoration
- Biodiversity assessment and monitoring
- Biosecurity and invasive species
- Engaging local communities, farmers, landowners and river users.
You can read the discussions from the afternoon workshops by downloading the workshop notes.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Vision Conference
A conference was held on 2 October 2010 in Middleham in preparation for the new LBAP. It included a celebration of the successes of Nature in the Dales 2000-2010 and to bring to the attention the forthcoming Nature in the Dales: 2020 Vision. There was a focus on a coordinated approach to the new set of Biodiversity Action Plans. The day was a great success: it was well received and stimulated a lot of discussion.
Below are links to the presentations given at the conference:
- Launching Nature in the Dales 2020 by Gordon Haycock
- Nature in the Dales 2000-2010 - Species by Ian Court
- Nature in the Dales 2000-2010 - Habitats by Dr Tim Thom
- Bats under the Dales by Professor John Altringham
- Nature: Is it really too expensive by Prof. David Hill
2020 Vision Consultation
A consultation on the draft plan took place in autumn 2010. Many thanks to all of those who were able to respond with useful and constructive comments. These have influenced the final version of the plan. A summary of the consultation can be downloaded below: